Who is eligible for a free flu jab at the surgery?
- People aged 65 or over
- If you are pregnant (at any stage of pregnancy)
- Adults with a BMI of 40+
- People living with a long-term condition such as:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Immune system problems
- People with a learning disability
- People in receipt of a carers’ allowance
- Household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
- Residents of care homes
- Children aged 2 & 3 years on the 31st August 2019
- Individuals from aged 6 months to under 65 years in a clinical risk group
When can I have my flu jab?
- Please contact the reception to book an appointment.
- If you already have an appointment for something else and you are eligible for a free flu vaccination then you don't need to book a separate flu vaccine appointment as the doctor or nurse will do it at the same time. Just make sure you remind them!
- To help make the clinic run smoothly and on time try to wear short sleeves!
- Children will only be seen at booked appointments – Please contact reception to arrange!
Where care I get a free NHS flu jab?
- Eligible individuals (as listed above) can choose to have their flu vaccination here in the practice.
- You can also have it done at the pharmacy - please ask them to inform us, so that we can update your record.
- Children aged 2 & 3 on the 31st August 2019 are eligible for the flu vaccine in the practice – please book an appointment with reception.
- Children in reception class and Year 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 will be offered their flu vaccination in school.
Different types of vaccine?
There is two types of flu vaccination.
1) 1 An injection is offered to those aged 18 and above.
2) 2 A nasal spray is offered to those under 18.
Why do I keep getting text reminders when I have had my vaccine already?
Please kindly inform us if you already had your flu vaccination. As there might be a delay from when you have your vaccine and us being informed which may mean a text message is sent after you have already had your jab.
What if I don't want a flu jab?
Whilst we strongly recommend that people get the flu vaccine, it is your decision. If you choose not to have it then please let us know as soon as possible.
Please follow the links for further information:
The Flu Spray for children:
Click here for more information about Public Health England's 2019/2020 flu campaign.